Anniversary

Monday, January 24, 2011

The black cloud over my wedding

Before I get to the good stuff about Jamaica I'm going to vent a little bit and get all the bad stuff over with now. That way it won't have to cloud all of my Jamaica & wedding posts.

The in-laws. Oh how I loath them. It wasn't enough that they were horrible to us during our engagement, they had to be horrible at the wedding as well.

First off, they literally sat at the bar from when it opened (10am) until it closed (2am) They were SO DRUNK all the time! They were also pushing alcohol on my husband 24/7. And when he turned a drink down for whatever reason, they harassed him about it. They were rude to me and my family as well.

We went to Margaritaville for our rehearsal dinner the night before the wedding. None of his family went because they didn't "feel like going." And because they would rather stay at the resort and drink. Nice.

On the wedding day Tom got ready in my mom's room with my brother & my uncle. His family was at the bar. I mean, seriously?! I'm so glad my brother & uncle were at least there for him. I can't imagine getting ready for your wedding alone. So at least he had someone there with him. But it should have been his own dad & brother.

His brother was telling everyone he could find--even other guests & my own mom--that he "couldn't believe Tom was getting married. " And how "stupid" it was to "sign away half of everything so easily."

There was also a balloon drop at midnight after the wedding. Tom's brother was so drunk he pushed me and threw balloons right at my face at midnight. Not quite the way I planned on ringing in 2011. I was so mad and upset by that point I started crying and went to my room. Dude, it's my WEDDING DAY! I'm not a 14 year old boy. Do NOT push me and throw balloons in my face!

After the wedding Tom's dad was at the bar (and didn't see my sister right behind him) and when another guest was making small talk with him, asking why they are in Jamaica, his dad replied, "My son got married. Which is a bad thing, but at least I really like Jamaica!"

And lastly, Tom's other brother (who didn't come to the wedding because his evil wife wouldn't let him go.) never called, e-mailed, texted, facebooked---NOTHING. No "good luck" or "congrats." He never called when we got back home to see how the trip was, nothing. So basically he doesn't give a damn about Tom. I know I shouldn't have expected anything but geez! You don't even go to your brother's wedding and you can't even send a flipping card and call to say congrats?! I'm speechless.

They are worthless, horrible people. I want nothing to do with them. I'm worried how this drama is going to affect my marriage...


No comments: