Anniversary

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Movement!

I'm 21 weeks and can finally feel baby girl move around in there! It's not very strong yet, and it doesn't happen very often, but it's a great feeling. When I start to feel her kick I'll stop what I'm doing and just feel for her with my hand on my belly. Tom can't wait to be able to feel her too. He's getting very excited now that I'm showing (pic tomorrow) and she's moving. :)

I'm starting to feel a little more prepared for her arrival. I know we still have 4 months, but I like things done in advance. ;) I've been buying things we need here and there as they go on sale and I have a list of things we still need. It's nice to cross things off the list as I get them. It's been hard not to buy any clothes, but I know that's what most people are going to give as gifts, and I don't want a bunch of outfits she will outgrow before she gets to them, so I'm holding off for now.

Hearing all the stories about other people visiting Santa and getting ready for Christmas has me really excited for Christmas next year. I can't wait to play Santa and experience the holidays through the eyes of a child again. It's going to be so much fun!


3 comments:

Christina said...

Yay for feeling movement already!!

I didn't buy any clothes at all for Annika for the entire first year! We had so many people buy us things and give us hand me downs that we were set. It's hard though not to want to buy all the cute outfits yourself.

(I moved my blog by the way, raisinglittlered.blogspot.com)

Meg said...

That is so exciting. I cannot wait to feel our baby move!

Mom on the Run said...

I remember when I first started to feel the movements. It is the craziest experience ever. My little girl was a kicker and puncher. I have some unique stretch marks of a few of her favorite spots. Congrats again Mama!