Anniversary

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Last day of November

Today is November 30th. Tomorrow officially marks the first  day of DECEMBER--my wedding month! How crazy is that?! I can't believe how fast this year has gone! And the closer it gets, the faster time goes! I only have 3.5 weeks of work left until my vacation starts! Woot!

I'm starting to get the vacation bug. Where it's getting harder and harder to focus at work...and I have a million little things to do before we leave and I'm trying to cram it all into the few weekends we have left. Plus Christmas is coming! December is going to be CRAZY!

We aren't going home for Christmas this year since we leave 3 days later and then will be spending an entire week with our families...but we did go home for Thanksgiving. That was horrible... It started out fine. We had dinner at my mom's and then we all went to bed at 10pm and were all up by 2am to have some coffee and head into walmart for some Black Friday shopping!! There were 5 of us total and thankfully we had a 24hr walmart so we got to wait inside because it was 5 degrees outside!! Anyway, we got a few t.v's and my brother & sister got a camera for the trip. It was actually really fun and not nearly as bad as people make it out to be! It's so exciting getting a good deal! We saved over 1,000! That's worth a couple hours in line, for sure!

We also bought new living room furniture at HOM. We needed it anyway, we were just waiting for their sale. :)

But on Friday we had dinner at Tom's mom's house and his brother was drinking and ended up saying some really stupid, mean, and incredibly rude things. His mom even told him he was being an ass to me and he flipped out and literally yelled at her. I was so fed-up with his family being mean about this wedding that I started crying, packed my stuff, and left. I have had enough. He had NO RIGHT to talk to me like that and when everyone told him that much, he got mad at them too! I hate Tom's family so much. I didn't know it was possible to have such EVIL people be considered FAMILY. And how did Tom turn out so good?!?!?!?!?

Anyway, I'm putting that behind me. I left because I'm not going to let him/his family bring me down right now. I have only a month left until my wedding and I am going to enjoy it!!


1 comment:

Courtney B said...

I am sorry about your fiance's family! I can't imagine having a disfunctional in law family :( But I have plenty of friends that do. For some of them it changed for the better once they were married so I'm crossing my fingers for you!
I'm glad you got a silk boquet! I LOVE that I still have mine...all pretty and vibrant! My bouquet looks so real I catch people trying to smell them :) So I'm excited for you! Can't wait to see pictures!