Anniversary

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentine's Day Re-cap

Let me start by saying I've always loved Valentine's day. I've only had one "bad" Valentine's day since I started dating when I was 14. And it was the year when the love of my life, live-in boyfriend was cheating on me. But other than that, they have all been pretty good. I know a lot of people don't see the point in this "Hallmark" holiday, but I see it as romantic!

Last Friday I got a dozen roses sent to me at work! I was pretty shocked because I was expecting some flowers at home bought from the grocery store. ;) So they put me in a good mood all day!

Then on Saturday we slept in and lounged around the house until 3:30 when we went out to dinner at Red Lobster. The lobster we had was so freaking delicious! It was some of the best lobster I've ever had! (the bf thought the same thing!) Which was weird since it was Valentine's day and they were super busy and it was only red Lobster. But anyway, it was SOOOOO good and we both left stuffed! Then we spent the rest of the night in bed with wine and a GIANT chocolate covered strawberry! :) (Oh yeah, I got some pretty emerald and diamond earrings too!) But seriously, the best part of the day was just cuddling in bed and reconnecting with each other. It was sappy and magical. :) I <3 Valentine's day!

I've decided to give myself 8 weeks to lose this final 10 pounds. So I started the couch-to-5k program. (I skipped the first couple weeks because they were too easy since I'm already a regular exerciser.) So my goal is to be 10 pounds lighter and to be able to run for 30 mins without stopping in 8 weeks. I got up before work to get the run/walk in today. And it felt damn good to have my workout over before I even got to work! It's hard to get up early, but I think it will be worth it in the end! Bikini, here I come!

1 comment:

Andy said...

Hi, I'm Andy, and I'm also part of the Green Team on the 20SB Biggest Loser challenge.

Read your old archives, and I really like your blog. Looking forward to come back soon!