Anniversary

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Presents in the mail

So I've mentioned before that I work in a cancer center. And every once in awhile there is a story that breaks your heart. Although this story is from Texas, it's about a little girl who only has weeks to live. Her dying wish? A wedding.

Read the story here.

Children do not deserve to have cancer ruin their lives like this...

***

Today I got a package in the mail. Inside was a few pairs of work pants, jeans, and shorts. All being one size too small. Am I crazy? Maybe. But I prefer to think of it as being optimistic. I want to be one size smaller by summer. All my old shorts no longer fit me because they are too big. And I just went and bought a bunch of new ones. So I will MAKE my ass fit into them no.matter.what. Extra motivation never hurt, right? (I had a 30% off coupon I had to use anyway...)

And in other boring news, we are having a few people over this Saturday for a poker/card/game night. And I have no idea what to make. I was thinking little finger food? Or something easy like pizza? I know I am making brownies, since I hate to see the mix go to waste, and I can't have brownies hanging around while I'm trying to fit into the above mentioned pants...but I can't only feed my guests brownies! I've searched some online sites for ideas but so far, no dice. (And it's a plus if they are sort-of healthy!)

And my car is in the shop. It needs a steering gear or something crazy? Basically it wasn't steering right and I figured that was kind of an important thing to fix...and I am very lucky my extended warranty covered all but $300 of it because the bill is coming close to $1600---which is about $1100 more than I have!!

I'm off to watch the Biggest Loser...

(And the bf caught me blogging. He said he is going to try and find my blog now. Let's hope he has better things to do. I don't want him reading my every thought! Go away, Tom!)



1 comment:

Andy said...

By reading that story, I had tears rolling. It reminds us that we have to take profit of life. Because there are others who aren't as lucky. Yet, those are the ones who enjoy life the most, it doesn't matter if theirs is shorter.


And about the food? I think that you can find "healthy" finger food. Vegetables with a yummy dip, etc. And for the rest, fast finger food will do. Some hot dogs, mini pizzas, nachos, etc. Good luck!