Anniversary

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Stupid Friends

I think my boyfriend's best friend is a total idiot.

He is 30 years old and acts 15, tops. But being the amazing girlfriend I am (Haha) I put up with him. That's what you're supposed to do, right? Pretend to like your SO's friends because they are important to him and blah blah. So I ignore it when he comes to MY home and finds it hilarious to fart and stink the place up. I also ignore it when makes inappropriate comments about attractive women. And I will pretend I don't notice when he helps himself to anything in the fridge. (Which includes 6 or 7 beers every time he comes over. Does he ever bring any?! Nope.)

Whatever. I have bigger problems than this guy so I let it roll off my back.

However, this is where the story changes.

About a month ago, This friend, "K" called the bf on Saturday night. He asked what we were doing for the football game the following day. We said we were staying home and doing nothing. The bf asked K if he was planning on coming over to watch the game. K said, "no."

So we go on about our night, and I decide not the worry about cleaning since nobody was coming over the following day, I figured I would worry about it tomorrow.

It's now Sunday at 11:45am. The game starts in 15 mins. K calls and asks if he can come over and watch the game. I said no. I wasn't showered yet, the house wasn't clean, and I only had 15 mins to accomplish all of this?! I'm not Superwoman. (And no, I'm not someone who enjoys friends "popping by" unannounced. I like my home in proper order before someone comes over, even if that means a quick vacuum.) And besides, if he wanted to come over, he should have said so on Saturday night when the bf asked him. Or at the very least, call and give me an hour notice or SOMETHING so I could have taken a shower and gotten dressed.

This was the first time I said no to K coming over, mind you.

Apparently, this royally pissed off K. He called one of our mutual friends and told her that I don't like him and don't want him at my house and I never want the bf hanging out with him ever again.

Hold on, what?! I NEVER said any of that!!! I think I'm allowed to say "no company" every now and then, right? So to make a VERY long story short, K got all bent out of shape, told our other friends a load of bulls*it and got them mad at me as well. OVER NOTHING. The bf called K and "set him straight" and also told the other friends that I didn't do any of what K is claiming. Did it matter? Nope. Not one of these people have spoken to me since then. (Except for one IM saying, "D, I can't believe you are trying to break up their friendship! How dare you!"

Obviously. the bf and K are still friends. They are together right now, at K's place. In one way, I'm glad I don't have to put up with K anymore. But on the other hand, there was a group of 6 of us (3 couples) who ALWAYS hung out together. And now we can't because K got his feelings hurt and made up LIES. And this is causing major tension in my relationship. The bf just wants K and I to get along, and get over it. I don't think I should have to. If I don't want someone like that in my life, I shouldn't have to "pretend" to like him anymore! Only problem is, he's still the bf's best friend. And oh yeah, K and his gf live in the same apartment complex as us!

I don't know what to do. Part of me wonders how the bf could possibly WANT to be friend's with someone like that. And I want to make him choose, K or me. But obviously I'm mature enough to know that isn't possible and you have to compromise when you're in a relationship.

In times like this, I wish I were single.

No comments: