Anniversary

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Spinach Smoothie

I'm really trying to get away from eating processed food. Both Tom and I both want to make more of our own food and eat better. We already eat at home most nights, but we can always eat better.

One of my biggest areas is with breakfast. I don't have a lot of time in the morning so I always fill my mug with coffee and grab a granola bar. It's not a horrible breakfast, but it's not the best. The granola bars are full of added sugar and fake crap. So this morning I made my first "green monster" or a smoothie with spinach in it!

Verdict? YUMMY & filling!

Here's what I included:

1 banana

1 scoop chocolate protein powder

1 cup milk

2 cups spinach

ice

It was very good. The banana masked the taste of the spinach. It didn't look very good, but it tasted fine. And it kept me super full for 4 hours! Plus, I can't beat already having 2 cups of veggies under my belt before lunch!

I'm going to try and make these every morning for breakfast. I have a bunch of different kinds of frozen fruit from Trader Joe's to try too.

No comments: