Anniversary

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Can of worms...

We knew we wanted to put new cabinets in our kitchen as our first project. If you look closely, one and a half walls in the kitchen also had wood paneling. Sweet. We decided to remove it.
Kitchen, Side A



So we ripped the paneling down and found plaster, that was so old it crumbled.





Which lead to ripping all the plaster down... All the way to the studs.





The other half of the kitchen BEFORE

Kitchen, Side B



And after. When they decided they "might as well" tear ALL the old plaster down and re-Sheetrock the entire kitchen.

(Half way done tearing it down)



I now have all the old cabinets sitting in my garage. Sheetrock dust everywhere in my whole house. Oh, and my appliances sitting in my dining room.

And did I mention we are doing all of this by ourselves? With the only help coming from Tom's brother & friends?

It started with wanting to take down the wood paneling. Now, all the walls are torn down to the studs, the cabinets are torn out, and I have no functioning kitchen.

Only plus side is, now it will be exactly the kitchen I want. :) ...Eventually.

2 comments:

Morgan Owens said...

Oh man I hate big projects lie that, but in the end it's worth it and I'm ure you'll love your new kitchen! Can't wait to see the finished pics! :)

Ally Wasmund said...

Oh, remodeling definitely is a pain the butt, but well worth it in the end! :)

Can't wait to see the 'after' pics!